This policy applies to information we collect, use, or disclose about you on this website, and in email, text and other electronic messages between you and KIU. Further it describes various types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit our website.
Personal Data Collection
- We collect information from you when you create a customer account on our website (www.kiucanada.ca), place orders and communications through email.
- When placing an order or creating your account on our website either as a B2B or a B2C customer, the system will prompt you to enter your personal information such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information. If you are a business owner registering as a B2B customer, you will be asked to enter your business name, business number, business address, business contact information etc. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- We use third party links, cookies or other technologies to collect certain information about customer’s browsing patterns and product selections as you navigate through and interact with our website.
Purpose of collecting personal data
- For the purpose of processing your orders and product purchase
- For the purpose of communicating with you about the status of your orders, purchases, accounts
- For the purpose of making changes to our website to improve your experience by delivering the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- For the purpose of sending emails about KIU new products, promotions and other updates.
- For the purpose of detecting, preventing, or investigating security breaches or fraud
- For the purpose of better customer service
- For the purpose of posting your feedback on our websites and social media platforms
- For the purpose of sending you customized promotions and special offers
Protecting Personal Data
KIU uses a combination of industry standard security measures to protect your personal information from loss or misuse. We make every effort to ensure that any and all personal data collected from customers is maintained in a secure environment. Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. When you place orders or access your personal information, the data you provide is transmitted and protected through a secured server. The personal data collected is never shared with anyone except when it is required to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property, or safety. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot warrant the security of any personal information you transmit to us or from our on-line services, and you do so at your own risk.
Updating your personal data
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. We strongly recommend that you keep us informed if your personal information changes. By law you have the right to request access to and to correct the personal information that we hold about you. You can review and change your personal information by visiting the website and logging into your account. If you want to review, verify, correct, or withdraw consent to the use of your personal information you may also send us an e-mail to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. If you wish to make changes to your account with KIU Canadian Distribution Inc., you may do so by sending an email with the details of the changes you wish to make. If you want to cancel or delete your account, you may do so in writing at the email or postal address provided in the “Contact Us” section below. We will make every effort to promptly respond to your request. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, such as product returns. If you ask us to delete your account, we generally retain and use your account information only if necessary to fulfill a business or law enforcement need.
External Third Party Links
It is our commitment and passion to ensure that our website is user friendly, functions at its best, and provides all the information our visitors are looking for. In view of that effort, we use external links to sites operated by third parties. As a result, we at KIU have no control over the external linked sites as they have independent governing policies. The external links are integrated for the ease and convenience of the visitor to our website, hence, you access them at your own risk. Nonetheless, we make continued effort to protect the integrity of its web site and the links placed upon it and therefore request any related feedback for improvement.
Privacy Manager: Ujwala Mekala
Telephone: (905) 428 2021
Mail: KIU Canadian Distribution Inc. 30 Hesketh Rd, Ajax, Ontario